PREPARING YOUR HOME FOR THE MARKETAs your Listing Agent, I will do an initial walk of your home and prepare a thorough list of improvements that you can do to help market your home.
6 ESSENTIAL STEP1. Make cosmetic improvements - an attractive, clean and tidy appearance will enhance your homes appeal.
- keep your lawn mowed & walkways cleared
- wash the windows crystal clear
- open shades and curtains for an inviting atmosphere
- de-clutter the house especially the kitchen & bathroom
- repair noticeably leaky faucets
- tighten loose door knobs
- replace damaged screens
- replace all burned-out light bulbs (with CFL or LED)
- secure loose railings
- patch holes in walls and ceiling and repaint
- repair and coat the driveway
- trim tree's and shrubs
- apply new caulking and weatherstripping as needed
- clean gutters of debris and leaves
- replace bathroom caulk or grout where necessary
- replace dirty filters in the heating system
- have chimney's professionally cleaned & inspected
- install quality smoke detectors
- install quality carbon-monoxide detectors
- ensure there is adequate outdoor lighting - it shows off the house at night too!
- install GFCI outlets outdoors and in wet locations such as bathroom & laundry
- check the tension on garage doors
- roof structures and covering
- foundation, basement, and/or crawl space
- central heating and air conditioning
- electrical systems
- plumbing systems
- appliance receipts, service records & warranties
- age of major components such as the roof, furnace, air-conditioner, etc.
- heating, water, and electrical bills from the past 12 months
Mobile: 604.562.3776 Phone: 604.685.9988 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org